On May 28, from 11 AM to 17 PM CEST, CIPÓ will participate in the virtual seminar promoted by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) on The Contribution of Development to the Enjoyment of All Human Rights in order to identify challenges and gaps and share good practices on the implications of Human Development for the enjoyment of Human Rights.
CIPÓ Executive Director Adriana Abdenur will be one of the speakers of Panel II, which will discuss the contribution of development to the enjoyment of human rights in the Decade of Action and in building better from COVID-19.
15h00-15h45 Panel II: The contribution of development to the enjoyment of human rights in the Decade of Action and in building better from COVID-19
- Moderator: Ms. Jyoti Sanghera, Independent consultant, former Chief of the Human Rights and Economic and Social Issues Section, OHCHR
- Mr. Jeffrey Sachs, Director of the Center for Sustainable Development, Columbia University, USA
- Ms. Adriana Abdenur, member of the United Nations Committee for Development Policy and Executive Director of Plataforma CIPÓ, Brazil
- Mr. Joshua Phoho Setipa, Managing Director of the Technology Bank for the Least developed Countries (TBC)
- Mr. Hassan Njifon Njoya, Lecturer at the Department of Political Science, University of Buea, Cameroon
Acess the seminar’s full program of work here.