Desk: Data for Peacebuilding and Prevention, Ecosystem Mapping Report
The speakers commented on cutting-edge technologies in data for the peace-building field, such as: Natural language processing for monitoring hate speech, machine learning for conflict prevention, Artificial Intelligence to combat transnational criminal networks, Artificial Intelligence to support mediation and pacification and more. The discussion also includes recommendations for building and strengthening data for the peacebuilding and prevention ecosystem, as well as a preview of how the CIC is planning these efforts in the near future.
- Paige Arthur, Deputy Director, NYU International Cooperation Center
- Branka Panic, founder and executive director, AI for Peace
- Thierry van der Horst, Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Monica Nthiga, director of implementation, Ushahidi
- Adriana Erthal Abdenur, Co-founder and Executive Director, CIPÓ Platform